MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE!
Unless you have a personal recommendation, finding a good DRIVING INSTRUCTOR is a bit of a lottery. Think about what things are most important. I think that these things are most important IN THIS ORDER:
1. LEARNING TO DRIVE SAFELY FOR LIFE.
What else do you learn to do that, if you do it badly, could kill you? This should be by far the most important criterion for choosing your instructor!
- You should want to be safe, and able to avoid causing, or being involved
in an accident.
- You should want to be able to drive defensively, making up for other
- You should want to be observant, good at anticipating what is going on around and ahead of you, and in good control of the vehicle.
2. PASSING THE TEST.
You will want to go in for your test knowing that you have a very good possibility of passing it first time.
3. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
When you look at point one (above), cost should be well down the league of importance, yet for many people it is the only factor that influences their choice.
- Most EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS will either be solo, self-employed as
I now am, or will work with a major driving school (which charges higher
Some driving schools train instructors and keep them on a contract for a year.
Such multi-instructor driving schools charge low prices, therefore the instructors are not really earning a living. As soon as they finish their year's contract, these instructors frequently leave to set up their own school, or less often, join another school which charges enough, as a lesson price, to keep the instructors in business. IF you choose these schools your instructor is likely to be a novice or a trainee.WHICH WOULD YOU PREFER - A NOVICE INSTRUCTOR, A TRAINEE, OR AN EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTOR?
- If you see offers that seem too good to be true, do check them out.
Sometimes the offer might not be what you expect.
- Ensure that the driving school is clear and not misleading in it's
You may have to contact them for details and if so, you are likely to be talking to a sales person who is employed to "sell" the lesson or tell you the terms and conditions.
I WILL ENDEAVOUR ALWAYS TO BE CLEAR ABOUT PRICES AND SPECIAL OFFERS.
My prices are very reasonable, certainly not the highest, and I offer great value for your money.
I hope this has helped you to make your choice.
Page last updated: 11 July 2022